House of Torment is a haunted attraction located in Austin, Texas. It is one of the most popular haunted houses in the state and has been named one of the top haunted attractions in the country. The attraction features multiple haunted houses with different themes and levels of intensity, making it a must-visit destination for thrill-seekers.
Establishment and History
House of Torment was established in 2003 by a group of friends who shared a love for Halloween and horror movies. The original location was in a warehouse in Austin, but as the attraction grew in popularity, it moved to a larger space in 2009. The new location is a 40,000-square-foot facility in north Austin that features multiple haunted houses, escape rooms, and other Halloween-themed activities.Check Our Site
House of Torment features multiple haunted houses, each with a different theme and level of intensity. Visitors can choose to experience one or all of the haunted houses, depending on their level of bravery. Here are the main attractions at House of Torment:
- Rise of the Dead: This haunted house takes visitors through a post-apocalyptic world where zombies have taken over. The attraction features realistic sets and special effects that make visitors feel like they are in the middle of a zombie outbreak.
- Dimension of Darkness: This haunted house is a journey through a twisted dimension where visitors will encounter monsters and other supernatural creatures. The attraction features high-tech special effects and animatronics that make the experience even more terrifying.
- Clown: Visitors with a fear of clowns may want to skip this haunted house. It features a circus theme with evil clowns lurking around every corner. The attraction is designed to be an intense experience, so visitors should be prepared for jump scares and other surprises.
- Legends of the Saw: This haunted house is a tribute to the classic horror movie franchise, “Texas Chainsaw Massacre.” Visitors will journey through a dilapidated farmhouse and encounter Leatherface and his family of cannibals. The attraction features realistic sets and special effects that make visitors feel like they are in the middle of a horror movie.
In addition to the haunted houses, House of Torment also offers escape rooms, virtual reality experiences, and other Halloween-themed activities. The attraction is open from late September through early November, with extended hours during the Halloween season.
House of Torment takes safety very seriously and has implemented several measures to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for visitors. All of the attractions are designed to meet or exceed industry safety standards, and the staff undergoes extensive training to ensure that they are prepared to handle any situation that may arise.
Visitors are required to follow several safety rules, including not touching any of the props or actors, not running, and not using flashlights or cell phones inside the attractions. House of Torment also has security personnel on-site to ensure that everyone is following the rules and to address any safety concerns.
How To Go There?
House of Torment is located at 2632 Ridgepoint Dr, Austin, TX 78754, United States. There are several ways to get to the attraction, depending on your starting point and mode of transportation. Here are some options:
If you are driving, you can take I-35 and exit at Braker Ln. From there, head east on Braker Ln until you reach Metric Blvd. Turn left onto Metric Blvd and continue for about 1.5 miles until you reach Rutland Dr. Turn right onto Rutland Dr and continue for about 1.5 miles until you reach Ridgepoint Dr. Turn left onto Ridgepoint Dr and continue for about half a mile until you reach the attraction on your right. There is a large parking lot available for visitors.
By Public Transportation:
The attraction is not easily accessible by public transportation, but there are several bus routes that stop nearby. You can take the Capital Metro Route 325 bus, which stops at the intersection of Rutland Dr and Fairfield Dr. From there, it is a short walk to the attraction. You can also take the Capital Metro Rail Red Line to the Kramer Station, which is located about 2.5 miles from the attraction. From there, you can take a bus or taxi to the attraction.
By Ride-Sharing or Taxi:
Ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft and taxis are also convenient options for getting to House of Torment. Simply input the address into the app, and you will be taken directly to the attraction.
Overall, House of Torment is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves Halloween and horror movies. With multiple haunted houses, escape rooms, and other Halloween-themed activities, there is something for everyone. The attraction is designed to be a thrilling and intense experience, so visitors should be prepared to be scared. However, with safety measures in place and well-trained staff, visitors can be assured of a safe and enjoyable experience.
Important Information Need to Know
- Address: 2632 Ridgepoint Dr, Austin, TX 78754, United States
- Website: https://houseoftorment.com/
- Contact: +15124079449
- Open Hours: N/A